Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creating a swept boss in assembly mode

nick suttell

I'm creating a cable chain that has a couple different parts which is why I made an assembly. In order to make the actual cable, I drew a sketch through the cable chain and is constrained to the chain so that it follows the cable chain when it moves. The problem is now I'm having trouble making to swept boss for the cable. The swept path is a 3D sketch and the profile is a 2D sketch as can be seen in the attached figure. I was hoping I could use the sketches I've already created to make a new part in the assembly that being the swept boss for the cable, but it's proven to be fairly difficult to do. Any help with this would be much appreciated since it's taken a lot of time to design up to now.

Attachments

• cable chain.jpg
    cable chain.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back