Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Diameter-Radius Dimension

Beauregard

Hi,
When I am creating diameter and/or radius dimensions it seems that the only angle the leader to the circle or radius is the original angle where I place the text ie. when I try to re-position the dimension somewhere else around the circle it only allows the original position further or closer to the circle or a position 180 degees out. Can any one suggest me how to override this problem so that I can position the dimension anywhere around the circle or arc.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Type ddim and highlight the "DIM" style you are using on the left side and click modify on the right side and click the "FIT" tab and go down to "Text Placement" and choose "...without a leader". This option will allow you to place the text where ever you want.
Regards

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back