Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

DMU kinematics on products sub-assembies

valbe_36

Hello. I want to run a DMU kinematics on a main product which is comprised only by sub assemblies of n copies of sub product "a". The first product "a" was inserted as existing component, while the other copies where instantiate. The sub assemblies are flexible, and I added the needed tot joints between them. Nevertheless, the "assembly constraint conversion" recognizes only 1 rigid joint, giving a rigid mechanism. What I do wrong?? Thank you!

It's been awhile since I did any kinematics analysis, and I no longer have access to that workbench so I can't help you too much. There is an example of a product like yours in the Online Help.

I suggest you post your question on the CATIA Forum on Eng-Tips website. http://eng-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=560 Someone there might be able to help you.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back