Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Door Handle part - how to do this in Catia

thilag1981

Herewith i enclosed a Door Handle part

Proe WF2 file - finished stage,editable,
Catia V5 R18 file - Semi finished - editable - can be continued,to be continued
Siemens NX6 file - Semi finished - editable - can be continued,to be continued
IGES - finished stage - non editable - generated from Proe WF2 file

Please if anybody knows how to do this in Catia means then kindly guide me.

thanks
thilag
mcup

Note :
1) enclosed in winzip file,
2) Winzip file is not password locked,
3) Please understand that iam not asking anybody to do work, just it is to explore and manifest your skills and it will enhance all other (our) Skills.
Also note that this is voluntary, not compulsary

Attachments

• Handle, Door.zip
    680.4 KB · Views: 19
Thilag,

I generally don't like to download zip files, so I can't comment on your "how do I do this" question. Maybe someone else can help.

But, if you have a specific CATIA question and could provide a picture of what you have done so far, I would be happy to comment on your technique or help you with a particular feature.

You have taken some CATIA classes, haven't you?

Last edited:
Sorry Mr.MrCatia & the solution is

Dear Mr.Catia

Sorry for My Reply

I can't attach image instead of Zip file since due to following reasons.

1) Image will not explain the full problem i.e., indepth it will just outline th problem and it may create th communication gap / understanding gap
2) We are not compatable upto just getting comments and we can model it in catia
3) Even expertizers in catia also sometimes have some misunderstandings in their solutions and in our questions.
4) If i attached one model means it will explain very clearly and anybody can continue with the semifinihed model.
5) better examples are - door handle - Also the solution is

PDG: Door handle - how to model this ? - CATIA Part Design - CATIAV5 Forum

6) Iam not going or attending any classes, this is due to my personal learning interest.

Iam really sorry if my reply is hurt you.

thanks
thilag
mcup

Attachments

• Handle finished.zip
    191 KB · Views: 5
This 3DCADFORUM forum, and other forums as well, are not intended to be a substitue for CAD training. The amount and depth of information you learn in a one-week class from the instructor could never be covered in these forums.

Good luck with your personal learning method. I'll be happy to help you in the future, but only with specific questions.

My personal reluctance to .zip files is due the amount of time and effort it takes to see the problem and determine if it is something I might be able to help with. While you provide much more information than most other forum users; the Pro-E files are unusable to me, the CATIA files might be a higher level of CATIA that I won't be able to open, and the IGES files provide no information regarding the history of how you've greated the geometry assuming I take even more time to convert the file into a CATIA format.

I'm glad to see that other users in other forums don't share my opinion and are willing to help you, although their solutions are often provided in a new .zip file.

I've noticed that you have submtted many posts in the past year with various design challenges from a many different industries. I'm curious if you are writing a training book, or maybe developing your own instruction manual? You definitley have provided alot of useful examples!

Last edited:
Dear Mr.MrCatia

Dear Mr.MrCatia

Iam 29 years BE (Bachler of Engineering Mechanical Engineer) Engineer working in India as a design engineer, My one of the objetive is i want to be a perfect modeling engineer in Catia, UG & Proe in modules like Solid, surface, sheetmetal, assembly & detailing. I don't have any idea to write a book previously, but after reading your words i have a slight thinking about that. In my 55 to 58 ages i preferred to write one book. But i have a plan to open a Computor center bu i don't have money.

By your words you encouraged me very much.

thanks
thlag
mcup

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back