Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Enlarging dimension sizes in sketch environment

Sinem Tülek

Hello,

I could not find out how to enlarge the size of the characters we use in dimensioning the geometries. I want them to seem bigger, they are very tiny.

You can change the color of sketch constraints, but I don't know how to change the font size. Turn off the grid and use a dark background will help see the text. Also, changing the background to Low Light or No Background will help.

A good modeling technique is to keep your sketches simple. Several sketches with several Pads or Pockets and Fillets is better than one Pad made from a single, complex sketch. Plus it will help reading the constraints.

I already use the catia with one colour background and I'm OK with the font size but my teacher asked us to find a way to change the font size, so all the class can see better from the board. Appearantly there is no way, thank you. :)

When I was teaching CATIA, I used a a free Windows app called ZOOMIT that allowed me to zoom into an area to highlight something to my students.

There's also the Magnifier tool in CATIA, but that doesn't change the size of sketch constraints.

Let us know if you find something better.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back