Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Excel PDM Spreadsheet Template for Product Data Management CAD file version control

Charliep

I personally use CATIA, but I work with a number of consultants and suppliers who use NX, SolidWorks, FreeCAD, etc. Does anybody have a spreadsheet / template for keeping track of changes to a CAD model during product development. It seems to me this would be an easy thing to keep in Excel, including data on the differences between versions of the CAD releases. I really don't want to develop the spreadsheet from scratch.

Or maybe somebody can suggest a good software solution to keep track that doesn't require renting a server and hosting some database. I like the idea of an Excel database because everybody already has Excel on their workstation, so there is no need to buy a bunch of licenses.

Last edited:
Understood. I am looking for the "Poor Man's PDM System" that is a local App on the computer where consultants don't need licenses to access the system.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back