Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

FEM of complex Assembly

marcofa

FEM of complex AssemblyI would like to do FEM of enclosed welded assembly.

For CATPART with many BODIES, instead of PRODUCT, could be very easy.

I tryed to use "Generate Catpart from Product" command, but dont work. Surfaces to apply clamp and load are not recognised. Why?

What is the right way?

Thank

Marco

Attachments

• Forcella.jpg
    Forcella.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3
To analyze an assembly, you should be using the GAS (Generative Assembly Structural Analysis) product.

My understanding is the GPS product only recognizes the Primary PartBody and it ignores all the other bodies (that's probably why it is not recognizing the surfaces). If you want to use GPS to analyze everything, use an ASSEMBLE operation to combine all the secondary bodies into the Primary PartBody

Last edited:
What you means for "Assemble operation to combine all the secondary bodies into the Primary PartBody "???
My Product is made by Parts linked with constraints.
Marco

You said you converted your product into a CATPart by using the Generate CATPart from CATProduct utility. This put all the parts from the assembly into individual bodies in the new CATPart.

I said I think GPS only recognizes the primary Part Body and ignores all the other Bodies.

So, if you want to use GPS to analyze all the Bodies in the CATPart my suggestion is to use boolean operations to add (or Assemble) all the Bodies of the parts into the primary PartBody. Once you do this, I think GPS will recognize all the surfaces.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back