Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

few catia question

B

bc107

hi to all,firstly im new here and my english is a little poor,because im from Serbia,but i hope that you will understand me.I am 16 years old,and im working in catia about 2-3 years,i made some very good projects,now i want to model a car,but i dont know where to start,i have my references ready,but i dont know in wich part of catia is the best way to start,i started in free style surface modeling,but i dont know if thers better methode,one more question,i have fluent 6.3.26,i heard that thers version for catia,but i cant find that anywhere to download,i appreciate you all from reading this,sorry for little long post,but on Serbian forums nobody wants to help me.

That's a pretty broad question, BC. (It's like asking what to eat first when your mom brings your favorite dinner to the table)

Do you want to do just the car body? Do you plan to do the chassis and frame, and the engine and drive train? Interior?

I'd start with the basics. Make some planes or lines that define the car's overall length, height and width. Add some wheels. And go from there.

Freestyle Shape would be a fun way to model the body, and a good place to start.

Good Luck and have fun!

PS: your english is pretty good, especially for a 16-year old kid!

hi to all,firstly im new here and my english is a little poor,because im from Serbia,but i hope that you will understand me.I am 16 years old,and im working in catia about 2-3 years,i made some very good projects,now i want to model a car,but i dont know where to start,i have my references ready,but i dont know in wich part of catia is the best way to start,i started in free style surface modeling,but i dont know if thers better methode,one more question,i have fluent 6.3.26,i heard that thers version for catia,but i cant find that anywhere to download,i appreciate you all from reading this,sorry for little long post,but on Serbian forums nobody wants to help me.

hi dear

uv here, i am new to catia. i want to do modelling on the existing model but i don't know how to give reference in drawing mode. can you please tell me the way to give refernce. still i m working on pro-e.

thanx in advance

UV

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back