Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Fix Together constrain not working

Matjo

Hi everyone,

I want to ask about fix together constrain. When i use this constrain on my design, nothing happen. That part still can move separately when using compass.

Firstly i think my design is the reason why this happened. So, i try use fix together on simple part ( just two block design ) and still nothing happen.

Any ideas guys why this can be happened and any solution?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english :):):)

When you use compass for manipulation you need to hold Shift while moving. In case you use Manipulation you must select With respect to constraints.

Last edited:
Before you add the FIX TOGETHER constraint, you need to position the mating parts relative to each other. You can use other assembly constraints and then delete them, or use the SNAP tool. After the parts are positioned, then add the FIX TOGETHER constraint.

When you use compass for manipulation you need to hold Shift while moving. In case you use Manipulation you must select With respect to constraints.

I have already do that before i post this topic and thanks for you suggestion :)

Before you add the FIX TOGETHER constraint, you need to position the mating parts relative to each other. You can use other assembly constraints and then delete them, or use the SNAP tool. After the parts are positioned, then add the FIX TOGETHER constraint.

What happen if i keep constraints (without delete them) after using the FIX TOGETHER ?

And thanks for reply my problem :)

It shouldn't be a problem. On catiadoc.free.fr I found that catia first solves constraints inside Fix together, then outside. Maybe you should visit that site, or similar and read about Fix together, if you haven't so far :)

It shouldn't be a problem. On catiadoc.free.fr I found that catia first solves constraints inside Fix together, then outside. Maybe you should visit that site, or similar and read about Fix together, if you haven't so far :)

Thanks marko92kg. Sometimes i visit that page, maybe i need to visited back to get more understanding about this constraint.

And i want to add something, currently on my design ( just one of CATIA Tutorial that i try to do for improving my knowledge in CATIA ) has overconstraint issue. So, i try to change constraint supporting element and that issue still exist. Then i remember the MrCATIA post about deleting constraint after using FIX TOGETHER and it worked. Overconstraint issue on my design is solved.

But i still need study more about FIX TOGETHER because i still confused.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :):):)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back