Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

flexible wire?

scottandrew10

I was wondering if there is a way to create a small wire that could be used to drive a component in a small assembly.

I'm just basically trying to make an assembly to where i have a wire running over a pulley attached to a joint, and then be able to pull the other end of the wire to actuate the joint.

Is this even possible?

I was wondering if there is a way to create a small wire that could be used to drive a component in a small assembly.

I'm just basically trying to make an assembly to where i have a wire running over a pulley attached to a joint, and then be able to pull the other end of the wire to actuate the joint.

Is this even possible?

If you have SolidWorks Pro, you can use the Routing add-in for your cable, along with configurations for your lengths. I do not believe you'll be able to have dynamic action, but can make configurations at the various points of rotation. I'm not 100% sure if this will work that way I've stated here, but it's worth a try. If you don't have Routing add-in, them making a sweep with multiple configurations may be your best bet.

See SolidProfessor - Training for SolidWorks and SolidWorks-related Products and SolidWorks Modeling Techniques

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back