Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

freeze/ thaw icon

F

foxbyrd31

When I was in school we used CAD2001i, (I am now using 2004) there was a snowflake icon on the tool bar that you could click on, then click on a line, and everything on that layer would freeze (instead of having to go to "layers properties"). I am not sure if this icon is part of the program or if it was something that one of my classmates created. Either way, does anybody know where to find it?

I have a short expression in my acad.lsp that does 'picktofreeze' and one that does 'picktoset' that I have used for many years. I would share it with you if you were interested.

The "snowflake" you're looking for is a part of the Express Tools, which was taken out in ACAD2004. You would have to reload a certain (ETC.exe?) program in order to reload it through MENULOAD.

how does that work?

BALDCAD-
do I have to have 2000i to get it from to reload it? is it a matter of copying and pasting then loading?

egalicki-
how does the acad.lsp work? does it give me an icon or is it a keyboard entry?

thank you both for your help! I have missed the "snowflake" since graduating!

freeze command

If you have the Express Tools loaded in 2004 just type LAYFRZ on the command line and pick the layers you want frozen.

If you want to become productive with AutoCAD, learn all the typed commands. Especially the most often used commands.

Each time you click a button, look at the command line and the typed command will show up just above the command line.

Also open up your pgp file all the commands (short cut keys) for the most common commands are listed on the left.

Once you start using the keyed commands you will gradually start adding more to your bag of tricks and someday like me you won't have any icon commands anywhere on your screen, which gives you more drawing area on the screen.

Oz

I would have to agree with the previous suggestion on learning the fundamental (command line), but that's just a matter of time and the will to absorb knowledge.

In regards to your innitial inquisition, the file (attached?) is called "etv1-9.exe". It simply loads the Express Tools. If you can't find it, contact me via email ([email protected]). I attempted to provide it thru here but it's too big to upload.

In regards to your innitial inquisition, the file (attached?) is called "etv1-9.exe". It simply loads the Express Tools. If you can't find it, contact me via email ([email protected]). I attempted to provide it thru here but it's too big to upload.

Hello BALDCAD,

How large is the file? I'll make sone adjustments so it it can uploaded.

Thanks.
3DCADForums Help Desk :cool:

thanks! I'll see if I can google the .exe.
I already type most of my commands, somehow the freeze/thaw icon is one that has stuck, probably because it is easier than having to go through the pull down layers.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back