Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Getting mitters in irregular solid

Hi,

i want to make an solid from a extruded sketch and cut it, and shell, as i want. And then make the miters between pieces, and for that i think i have to be able to turn the solid into several pieces. Unfortunably im finding dificulties in doing that on solidworks. please can someone explain me the easiest way to do it. Must i turn my block to sheet metal pieces?Must i cut surfaces with planes of intersetion? I need conclusive and detailed guidelines.

I have found an exemple on youtube from a design piece witch i think represents my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCYIWKPh0k

In the video i can assume they use chamfers for cutting the solid block, if that is so, how can they get the miter information from all the pieces, since in the manufacturing they mount diferent surfaces together. How do they get the right angles between pieces?

Thanks for the patiance

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back