Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Group Pattern

Avital

Hi,
I have created a protrusion and then a cut, then I put them in one group and pattern. Now I created another cut at the first protrusion. How should I include the second cut feature into the group and update the pattern accordingly??
Can anyone suggest me how to update a group pattern after the parent group is included with a new feature as mentioned above.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
You will not be able to redefine a group and add new features to it, you have to delete un group and create a new group to include in the new feature. If you have a pattern of a group and want a new feature to be part of the pattern, then you can create the new feature and then pattern using the reference option. this would create a pattern of the new feature over the existing group pattern. This would help if you are not going to delete the existing features.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back