Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help on making Air molds for simulaton on COSMOSEMS

DavidQ

Hi, i'm using COSMOSEMS electromagnetic simulator for Solidworks. This simulator has the inconvenience that the free space between any part of the assembly, must be filled with parts to witch is assigned the material Air, or other dielectric. So when I'm doing any part for witch I would like to run a simulation, after the part is complete I also have to do a part that looks like its mold. I though of a easy way to get this, is to copy the file of the original part, change is name, the edit it in Solidworks, to draw a solid cube that would include the entire part. Then every feature that I would have used to do the part, like Extruded Boss/Base, Revolved Boss/Base, Swept Boss/Base, I would have to change to Extruded Cut, Revolved Cut, Swept Cut, like that I would get the mold of the piece. Is just that a lot of features are dependent on each other, as when you do a Extrude Boss, you can use some of the faces of the Extrude do a new sketch, and then do another Extrude based on the sketch. So you can't delete all the Boss/Base features not deleting the sketches used to make them and then replace them all but Cut features. Because the last features that you did are dependent on the previous, so if you replace the last Boss/Base by the corespondent Cut, when you try to delete the penultimate Boss/Base to later change it to a Cut, you destroy the last Cut that you done. Is there a way to change instantaneously all the Boss/Base to Cuts???
Tanks for reading.

I found a good way to do this

Hi, tanks for reading my post, but I already found the solution to the problem by myself. For anyone interested, the best way I found is to do the air box part as a solid cube (or other solid geometric shape) and then in the assembly of the parts for the simulation, after all parts are in place through mates, select the air box part and click on the button “Edit Component”, after that go to “Insert->Feature->Cavity” then select for cavity all the parts that you would like to be inside the air box, without colliding with it, press OK, and save the file. The assembly is now ready for simulation in COSMOSEMS.

Hi, I found a good way to make the Air box for the simulations in the COSMOSEMS

Hi, I found a good way to make the Air box for the simulations in the COSMOSEMS, without collisions with parts inside it. Is like this, you put the parts inside the Air Box in the desired position trough mates, and save it in a Assembly file, then working in the assembly file select the Airbox part and click edit component, after that go to Insert->Features->Cavity, and then select all the parts that are inside the Air Box, select OK, and then a cavity with the shape of the selected parts is created inside the Airbox. Save the files, and you are ready to run the simulation.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back