Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help!!! Thread dimension on 2D drawing

suleman6

Hi There,
I Have designed this bracket but i can't find a way of putting dimension of thread on the 2d drafting.

Can anyone please help me with this.
Help will be appreciated.

Untitled.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several things to do when drawing a part with threaded features:

1. (I can't tell if you've done this already based on the picture attached) Define the threaded holes on the 3D model with the Hole command (or the Thread command).

2. On the drawing, change the View Properties to include Axis, Center Line, and Thread. (all views) Threaded features on the 3D model will now be shown on the drawing with the correct symbols for threads (based on drafting standard).

3. To dimension the thread size, use the Thread Dimension command. Or, add Text With Leader and type in the thread information.

thread dimen.JPG

Last edited:
Hi There,
Thanks for you help yes i have defined the thread in 3d model (for some reason thread doesn't appear on 3d model), another question how do i change the view properties in drafting. Sorry im new to catia.

Thanks again for your help much appreciated :)

Threads are not shown in the 3D model, they are only shown symbolicly on the drawing.

To get to the Properties page of a View:

right-click on the view name in the tree, and select Properties.
In the View page, choose the options listed above.
OK when done,
and Update the drawing.

repeat this for each drawing view.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back