Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help with Curves and Surfaces

T

Tallmadge

Can anyone help with the creation of curves and surfaces? We recently upgraded from Wildfire1.0 to Wildfire3.0. In 1.0 you could highlight an edge and turn it into a curve or a plane and turn it into a surface. In 3.0 it appears that you cannot do that. Is that what the 'style tool' is for in 3.0? Any help would be appreciated.

Curve creation in wf 3.0

Single curve generation:
Switch to geometry (lower right hand corner) and select edge on part. Hit control c, control v and the green check mark to complete the process.
Curve on a loop:
Switch to geometry (lower right hand corner) and select edge on part, press and hold the shift button and highlight the adjacent curve. Hit control c, control v and the green check mark to complete the process

Thanks for curve creation

Thanks conrad361. It worked! Seems a bit more cumbersome than before.(Wildfire 1.0) Is there an icon to replace that sequence of key strokes? I do have another question. What is the chainlink icon for and what does it do when activated. It was not in WF1.0. I feel a bit embarassed asking some of these questions because I've been using ProE for about 6-7 years now. Sometimes these upgrades can through one for a loop.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back