Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

help with parametric notes

• Thread starter richard.woodford
  • Start date
R

richard.woodford

Hi
currently i am using wildfire2
I have a drawing of a pressure valve. The release pressure of the valve is controlled by inserting different weights into a valve body.
I am now completeing the drawing, I would like to show the detail of each weight on seperate views - easy enough so far, with each view I also want to write a note - easy so far - in the note I would like to include the mass of each weight. I would like the weight to be parametric. I am fairly sure that some years ago I did a similar thing, I write a note that used the mass calculated by model properties. I have forgotten how to do this can anyone help
?

regards

Richard

Last edited:
From Pro/E Help:

To Reference a Mass Properties Symbol in a Note
You can create a parametric note that references a mass properties symbol. After the geometry changes, you can update the note to reflect the latest value of the mass properties parameter.

Set a user-defined parameter. For example: [volume].

Add a relation, assigning this parameter to a mass properties symbol that you want to reference in a note. For example: volume = mp_volume("").

Add a note containing the user-defined parameter. For example: [&volume].

many thanks for the reply, i nearly had it!

hi i was putting in volume = 'mp_volume' as you point out i should use volume = mp_volume"")

many thanks

richard

HI ,
first you have to create parameters
volume
mass with realnumber variable.(by using parameter command)

then u have to give relation

volume=mp_volume("")
mass=mp_mass("")

here mp_mass("") and mp_volume("") bothe are calculated by system.
now we are assigning the value to your variable(volume and mass).

this all should be done at model.

now you have to retrive this to your drawing.
make a note &mass and &volume.

now you will get mass and volume which is calculated by model.

takecare

with love
felix

Part Parameter in Assembly Drawing

If you want to show a part-parameter in a assembly drawing you have to add the Session-ID to the parameter: &parametername:Session-ID
You can find the session-ID from the relation window with Show/Session ID in the opend Menu Manager: Part and select the part you want to know the session ID

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back