Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

hey new to the forum any cosmos users?

langless28

hey guys! so i am having trouble with cosomos and wondering if anyone knows the program well. i want to do a test with a shaft and shaft collar. the collar is a simple one with one bolt to clamp it down. when i try to add a bolt to the collar, it tells me that the two bolt faces must be on two different bodies. is there a way to get around this? is splitting the collar into two sections the only way around this?

Hi
I don't know cosmos amazingly well but it sounds like your problem is related to solidworks itself rather than the cosmos package. Is your collar a seperate body to the shaft because this is probably whats causing the problem if it isn't, you'll need to make the shaft and collar two seperate bodies. hope this helps.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back