Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do I assemble these parts and the next parts?

Mans

I designed these parts of the engine of a motorbike, based on my previous experience in Auto Cad. I know they are not technical completely and are not based on engineering rules, because at present my purpose was that to practice in Catia and learn its techniques for designing such parts. So neither I used a series of technical dimension nor constrains. Here I have two problems:

1- When I chose one of the parts to move that by translation, the two parts are selected and move both together. Basically, How can I eliminate the connection of two parts?

2- When I transfer the parts from "part workbench" to " assembly design" they don't appear. essentially, is it possible to transfer somethings from "part design" to "assembly design"?

;

Based on these questions, it sounds like you haven't had any training in CATIA Assemblies.

And without seeing or understanding what you have, it's difficult to answer your questions. Could you please attach a picture of your assembly that includes the tree diagram.

When starting a new assembly, normally the INSERT AN EXISTING COMPONENT is used to bring individual parts into the assembly. Then parts are constrained to each other to establish the relative positioning.

I think youve created this 3D on a single body right?
If you want them seperately, just create them on different body. Just insert another and do the things on that.
You can separate them by placing each model to different bodies.

But if you want to do it on the Assembly, You need to do it on different parts.
So Basically an assembly is like.
Assembly>Part>Body>Commands(3D)
These are order of the Assembly

So you can "insert an existing component" on a Assembly so that it will be on different "part"
And inside a "part" you can create inside different "bodies"

Hopefully this will clear something.

I think youve created this 3D on a single body right?
If you want them seperately, just create them on different body. Just insert another and do the things on that.
You can separate them by placing each model to different bodies.

But if you want to do it on the Assembly, You need to do it on different parts.
So Basically an assembly is like.
Assembly>Part>Body>Commands(3D)
These are order of the Assembly

So you can "insert an existing component" on a Assembly so that it will be on different "part"
And inside a "part" you can create inside different "bodies"

Hopefully this will clear something.

I created the crankshaft and the connecting rod both in one "part workbench" but with different stages. In the first step, I designed the crankshaft and then created the connecting rod in another "sketcher workbench", but both were created in one " part design".

So do you mean, I should create every part, in a separate part workbench?

Yes, CATIA V5 works best when each unique part is modeled in it's own CATPart file. "one part = one file"

Parts can then be assembled together within a CATProduct file. Parts can be used (instanced) multiple times in the same assembly, or multiple times in different assemblies.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back