Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How do I create surface (or solid) from 3D sketch points?

crazytok

I have a spare part for my motorcycle that I want to make an copy of, with some small changes.

As I working as an CNC-Operator and have access to both advanced milling and 3D measuring machines (not 3d scanner!) this SHOULD be no problem. Well, the problem is that I have never done this before! And Im also not an advanced user of Solidworks... :)

I have measured a small part of the surface, of the original part. So i now have an IGES file with a couple of points (around 40) that represents points of the surface....

I open it in Solidworks, and here it says it is a 3DSketch... I can see all the points! So far so good... (i think..)

But now what, how do i create a surface from these points? In the end I would like to have a SOLID model of this part, but I need to start somewhere! So I starting with just a small surface area... :)

Here is the file, saved as Solidwork part file: https://www.box.com/s/dsmb620i90845v4ovm82

Any helps is appreciated! :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back