Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to add centerlines to drawing views

DavidHansson

Maybe you (or someone else) can help me with one more thing to my draft.. I want to make a line across one of the views, the line should describe that the drawing is symmetric across the line! And I also want to make an angle from one hole to another but I have nothing to snap on to create it,, The following link shows a picture of what I mean! drawing by ~DavidHansson on deviantART

Last edited by a moderator:
Both solutions are in the Axis and Threads toolbar (see attachment) within the Dress Up toolbar:

For the part symmetry line; use the Axis Line command (second icon from the right in the attachment), and select the two arcs to add the centerline. Drag the handles of the Axis Line to adjust the length.

For the line between the two circles (holes); use the Axis Line And Centerline command (right-most icon in the attachment) and select the two circles to add the line. Now you can use that line to make the angle dimension.

Attachments

• axisandthreads.gif
    axisandthreads.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Both solutions are in the Axis and Threads toolbar (see attachment) within the Dress Up toolbar:

For the part symmetry line; use the Axis Line command (second icon from the right in the attachment), and select the two arcs to add the centerline. Drag the handles of the Axis Line to adjust the length.

For the line between the two circles (holes); use the Axis Line And Centerline command (right-most icon in the attachment) and select the two circles to add the line. Now you can use that line to make the angle dimension.

Thank you again, this helped me a lot :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back