Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to avoid solid combination

BBoy

Hello guys :D,

Im new in here, and i need your help (but first, sorry if my english is not really good)

I wonder if there is any option that can avoid solid combination in CATIA V5.

When you make a sketch extrusion on a solid, you can uncheck "combine result" option. So you can have different solid in the same part.

Can we do the same in CATIA?

Help!

Datum

Hi,

You can use "datum" option to remove the link between the features. The Datum is available in the tools toolbar.

Hope it helps.All the Best.

Datum option

hi,

You can try making the new features by switching on the "datum" option in the tools toolbar.
Hope it helps. All the best.

Hello guys :D,

I wonder if there is any option that can avoid solid combination in CATIA V5.

When you make a sketch extrusion on a solid, you can uncheck "combine result" option. So you can have different solid in the same part.

Can we do the same in CATIA?

BBoy, CATIA V5 does not have an option to turn off the "combine" operation when creating solid features. (which software are you referring to?)

Instead, INSERT a new BODY and create the solid feature in a separate Body to avoid combining the solids.

Be careful using the DATUM option previously suggested, as this removes all history and makes it impossible to edit the solid.

Last edited:
BBoy, CATIA V5 does not have an option to turn off the "combine" operation when creating solid features. (which software are you referring to?)

Instead, INSERT a new BODY and create the solid feature in a separate Body to avoid combining the solids.

Be careful using the DATUM option previously suggested, as this removes all history and makes it impossible to edit the solid.

Im refering to solidworks. Thanks for your answer. I understand!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back