Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to collapse or bake animation on a single mesh?

Bazyli

I have a character rigged and animated. I want to collapse the character and then delete the rig and keep only the mesh (completed or some parts only), animated. I want to use the animated parts for simulations, cloth, hair, etc. The reason is simple, keeping the full character results in : bone skeleton + dummys + control splines + custom attributes + poly + unwrap + skin + turbosmooth + hair = really heavy object and high chance of crash max. Also, If I have a collapsed animated mesh I can move to another 3d package to render, add materials, etc. If somebody knows a way or an script. please let me know!

Add a point cache modifier and write the mesh to a file and turn off all modifiers below the point cache. Don't forget to checkout the new Point cache 2 mod.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back