Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to create locating slots on curved cone surface?

mgarg1005

Hi,

I just have not done much work using the surface tools and basically have a part that keys into a curved cone shroud and I need to have the cutouts for the keyways done on the cone. Traditionally on flat parts I always use the cavity command then clean it up but because its a curved surface it does not let me. Would appreciate if anyone can give me a guide on the process to do this on a curved surface. I have spent a few days and have been going around in circles.

Manuel

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 4
Looking at the screen show it looks as though it's an assembly? If the cavity command isn't working, you could try inserting the red part into the blue part and using the combine tool to subtract - though I suspect if the cavity isn't working this may not - so it would be worth looking at why the cavity command isnt working.

Failing that you could edit the blue part in context and offset faces / do sketches that relate to the red part to achieve your cuts.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back