Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to create the thread in this hole...

mddin2020

Hi.. can anyone help me how to create tread at my part??
What i know is the first step is making helix.. and i already read tutorial by Mech, thx , its really help in many cases except for this one.. can i know how to make tread at this hole??

Attachments

• Screen01.JPG
    Screen01.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen02.JPG
    Screen02.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen03.JPG
    Screen03.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
For a part like you have, I suggest you forget about modeling the true thread shape.

Instead, use the Thread icon to define the thread size on the face of the Hole feature.

A better solution is to modify the Hole feature, and choose the Threaded option to define the thread size. If the hole is made with a Pocket, replace it with a Hole.

thx.. i already replaced the pocket with hole and choose thread type but can i view the thread?? thx in advance ..

No, they don't display in 3D - that's one of the nice things about CATIA threads. Besides being easy and quick to add to the 3D design, they don't waste graphic processing. (This can become a big problem when you start working with large assemblies)

You can check for threaded features by using the Thread/Tap Analysis icon to display all the threaded features.

Also, the threads will be included when you make a drawing of your part. They are also available for NC processing.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back