Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to model threaded surfaces?

F

FuzzBuzz

Hi,

I know that it probably involves helical sweeps (does it?) and I'm looking for some specific way/guidance on how to model threaded surfaces in PRo Engineer. Eg. say I want to model a threaded fastener and want to actually model in 3-D the thread profile on the fastener. Or, for example, I have a cylinder with a threaded surface in the inside - and although modelling the cylinder is obviously easy, I can't figure out how to add/model the actual threaded surface on the inside of the cylinder,

any help would be much appreciated,

regards,

FuzzBuzz,
Melbourne, Australia

Hi FuzzBuzz,

I think you can solve the problem if you look at

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/agf2780/agf2780.htm

Mind:
Create an Helical sweep in Pro/E is a bit difficult than in Inventor or SolidWorks.
But once you learn the process, you find it powerful. ei. You can do an helical sweep with one or more pitch,
and this is useful when you have to draw a screw feeding system

Regards,

Luca Martinini
Rimini, Italy

Luca said:
Hi FuzzBuzz,

I think you can solve the problem if you look at

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_25/howto/agf2780/agf2780.htm

Mind:
Create an Helical sweep in Pro/E is a bit difficult than in Inventor or SolidWorks.
But once you learn the process, you find it powerful. ei. You can do an helical sweep with one or more pitch,
and this is useful when you have to draw a screw feeding system

Regards,

Luca Martinini
Rimini, Italy
Hi Luca,

thanks for your quick reply, but is there any other way I could access the information under the link you provided as I don't have a www.ptc.com username? Perhaps you could direct me to some other link or paste some relevant bits here, that would be great.

thanks again,

FuzzBUzz

Hi Luca, just one more thing, perhaps you could even post a copy (is that allowed) of a PRo E model that you may have (if you know how to do it) of a threaded surface? (use .zip file) Then I could work off that. But if you don't have one, that's ok, still thanks a lot for the link and comments,

appreciate it

FuzzBuzz

Needed Files

Hi FussBuzz,
Here files you need.

Regards
Luca

Attachments

• Helical Sweep.zip
    819 KB · Views: 166

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor