Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to simulate plastic displacement with applying the same pressure again

Anon

I am trying to simulate how much the displacement of a part would result after applying the same pressure over and over again. I tried to use a non-linear static simulation and changing the pressure over time so simulate the changing conditions.

As a result I get the plastic displacement after the first cycle, but there seems to be no more plastic deformation. I am using a natural resin with a known stress-strain-curve for simulation and also tried it with the PE provided in the SolidWorks Database - so I know plastic deformation should occur, according to the occurring stress. Furthermore I am using von Mises plasticity material model.

Right now I am using a simplified model, for testing - it is basically a dice with a square hole in it.

In summary I am looking for the displacement after several cycles. I want to start with the conditions from the 2nd cycle after the 1st one finished. I tried a fatigue study too, but I cannot get an displacement as a result, furthermore I am interested in about 100 repetitions and not like 10000, so I guess the fatigue study is not what I am looking for.

I tried solving this problem on my own for quite a bit, so any help, suggestions, input and ideas are very welcomed and appreciated.

P.S.: I attached the diagrams and a picture from the model for clarification

P.P.S.: I applied pressure on the insides of the hole and fixed the model on the backside and partially on the sides (see in attachement)

Greetings,

Andy

Attachments

• Time-Pressure_Displacement.jpg
    Time-Pressure_Displacement.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
  • After Pressure.jpg
    After Pressure.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1
  • Fixed_Pressure_Visible.jpg
    Fixed_Pressure_Visible.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 0