Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

HOW TO SMOOTH A FACET IN PROE ?

U

ultraspeed

ACTUALLY I AM STUDENT DOIN A PROJECT IN COORDINATE MEASURING MACHINE
NOW I USE PRO E TOOLKIT TO INTERFACE SYSTEM WITH CMM.
SO I AM GETTING THE POINT CLOUD FROM CMM AS RAW DATA AND CONVERTING INTO FACET.
NOW THE SURFACE WHICH I AM GETTING IS NOT SMOOTH A I EXPECT.SO PLZ HELP ME IN FINDING A SOLUTION TO SMOOTH THE FACET

THANK U :)

Can you get more points?

» ACTUALLY I AM STUDENT DOIN A PROJECT IN COORDINATE MEASURING MACHINE
» NOW I USE PRO E TOOLKIT TO INTERFACE SYSTEM WITH CMM.
» SO I AM GETTING THE POINT CLOUD FROM CMM AS RAW DATA AND CONVERTING INTO
» FACET.
» NOW THE SURFACE WHICH I AM GETTING IS NOT SMOOTH A I EXPECT.SO PLZ HELP ME
» IN FINDING A SOLUTION TO SMOOTH THE FACET

» THANK U :)

Hello ultraspeed:

My first obvious questions is can you get more points? The more points you have in the point cloud, the more definition the resulting surface will have. With too few points, Pro/E's surface fitting algorithm will have to make assumptions as to the definition of the surface between the points. So get more points is the first suggestion.

Now if the points are just in a position that you cannot get a smooth fit, try loosing the surface fit tolerance so that the surface can fit smoother. This is another abvious suggestion. Let's see if any of our Pro/E users have any additional suggestions.

Thanks for using the Q&A Board.;-)

» ACTUALLY I AM STUDENT DOIN A PROJECT IN COORDINATE MEASURING MACHINE
» NOW I USE PRO E TOOLKIT TO INTERFACE SYSTEM WITH CMM.
» SO I AM GETTING THE POINT CLOUD FROM CMM AS RAW DATA AND CONVERTING INTO
» FACET.
» NOW THE SURFACE WHICH I AM GETTING IS NOT SMOOTH A I EXPECT.SO PLZ HELP ME
» IN FINDING A SOLUTION TO SMOOTH THE FACET

» THANK U :)

Hello ultraspeed:

We have an answer to your question from our partner site www.MCADCentral.com. Click this link to go to the complete thread.
http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30017&TPN=1

ctolman

Posted: 24 February 2006 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote ctolman

Suggestion, don't facet the surface to begin with. I have done something similar to what you are doing. Unfortunately proE hasn't added a surface from points function yet, but you can I would suggest demoing Rhino 3D ( I was able to use it as a demo only version for a couple saves!) . It is almost explicity used for point cloud data and you can create an Iges or Step to import into ProE. Hopefully ProE will add this functionality soon.

Restyle

Pro-e can do it. There is an optional module called Restyle. Try to choose insert restyle from the menu.

proe

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back