Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

IGES file

P

pinemartin

:( Needing either some advice or guidance.

Just bought a program that can see iges files,
only i would like to convert my jpeg files to iges any ideas,
will i have to paste in my jpeg file to a autocad drawing then save it or is there another way, only that will take ages as i have many jpeg files that i want to convert.

Many thanks

Dave

:( Needing either some advice or guidance.

Just bought a program that can see iges files,
only i would like to convert my jpeg files to iges any ideas,
will i have to paste in my jpeg file to a autocad drawing then save it or is there another way, only that will take ages as i have many jpeg files that i want to convert.

Many thanks

Dave
Dave
There are a couple of ways to get a jpeg into your cad file unfortunately none of them will work much better than just pasting the jpeg into AutoCAD itself. The problem is that Iges files are true vector format files and jpeg are considered raster. The difference being that an Iges file has information for creating lines and arc where the jpeg's data is more pixelated. There are program that can aid in the importation of raster type images but I have found that they are rarely worth the effort due to the clean up needed after the importation. Typically when i have to put a jpeg into a CAD file I will release that file as a *.pdf to maintain it's integrity.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back