Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Import models

M

MADawg69

Hello, I am trying to figure out if there is a way to easily modify an import model in ProE Wildfire 3? When I say modify, I mean, for instance, if an import step or iges part model has a round or fillet at the intersection of 2 surfaces, is there an easy way to take that round out and have a corner? This is something we deal with a lot and trying to find an easier and much faster way of doing it. Any help would be appreciated.

If the file was imported into pro/e then it is basicly a dumb feature. There is no simple way that I know. You will have to cut away the round to get a corner. You can copy the surface you want and extend it to meet the other surface you need to make the corner and then merge them to use as your solidify cut.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back