Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Impossible to synchronize

rogerio

Hi everybody,

I am trying to replace a pointed document in CATIA and when I update the part after the replacement, I get the following error message: "Impossible to synchronize : the element, from which the external reference _abc_ is created, is missing". Althought, all of my external reference are linked. And I haved also cleaned all my parts using CATDUAV5.

Someone can tell me what I have to do, please.

Regards,

You have a broken link. The linked element (abc) has been deleted or modified in the parent document. Look in the External Reference branch of the tree for the red '+' symbol. Select the Reference and EDIT + LINKS will show you exactly what is missing ("Reference Not Found")

You could isolate the link.

Or, its better to recreate what is missing (abc) in the parent document, and recreate the link.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back