Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

In skecher, surface won't pad to correct face

GARTH102

New to Catia. Working through INTRODUCTION TO CATIA V5 RELEASE 19 by Kirstie Plantenberg. p 2.1-7.
Have made a 3D shape and wish to pad a shape from this. When I use the pad tool it says that it is intersecting and seems to be taking points from the back of the 3D shape,but I want it to take it from the front.
Any help would be great.

New to Catia. Working through INTRODUCTION TO CATIA V5 RELEASE 19 by Kirstie Plantenberg. p 2.1-7.
Have made a 3D shape and wish to pad a shape from this. When I use the pad tool it says that it is intersecting and seems to be taking points from the back of the 3D shape,but I want it to take it from the front.
Any help would be great.

Hello, thanks for your interest. I enter sketcher activate construction elements, de select all, project an outline of the part onto the sketch plane and select project 3d elements, select the face of the part and de select all so it turns yellow and dashed.
I deselect construction elements and activeate geo constraints and dimensional constraints, using the profile tool i make the triangle ensuring i get all the correct concentric circles, i then exit sketcher and attempt to pad the triangle by 10mm, it then tells me that the sketch is self intersecting.
It seems i can not select the correct surface as it will pad by 10mm but from the back face not the front.
As i said i am very new to this and trying to work through this book with no real experience, i appreciate any assistance.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back