Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Joining two sections

Hello,

Extremely new to SolidWorks, but I'm trying to blend a circle onto the rest of design. I'm not really sure how I should go about this. I have attempted to use the Lofted Boss/Base feature and this is the best I can come up with, but it only seems to want to work with one other surface, it won't work with a selection of edges.

Ubb5s8.jpg

But I'd really like it to be joined around the blue line in this picture as below:

2h7kKL.jpg

I've read about the Boundary Boss/Base feature, but I'm not getting very far with that. What is the simplest way to achieve this?

I'd really appreciate any help and advice!

Thank you.

Abit hard to guess without playing but if you ok with surfacing I would try to use the delete face command on the faces that you no longer need - if I understand you correctly the ones I have put a red mark on - then either do a fit spline on the edge you have highlighted or use the selection manager and do a surface lof between your blue circle and the fit spline/selection manager edges.

1610364885616.png

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back