Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.
There is another method to analyze the length of a contour from a sketch. This will involve creating a Parameter and assigning a formula
1) Select the f(x) icon
2) Create a length Parameter
3) Add a formula to this parameter
4) In the Dictionary pane select Measures
5) In the Members of Measures double click Length (Curve,...): Length - this will place the operation length() in the formula definition field
6) The cursor should be between the parenthesis () now double click on the sketch contour - the formula should look something like this: length(PartBody\Sketch.1)
7) Select the OK button
8) Select Yes for Auto Update
9) Select OK
This will create a parameter that will report the total length of the Sketch. If the sketch changes the parameter is updated to reflect the new length.