Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Linking airfoil geometry to parameters and relations in catia V5

Hi, I am a 4th year Aerospace Engineering Student and my group is required to design a UAV. In my group I am responsible for designing the Horizontal Stabilizer.

I got the coordinates for the airfoil shape from an online generator and uploaded using Profscan to create a DXF file.

Anyways the final sizing of the stabilizer is not finalized, so I wanted to know if its possible to constraint the chord of the airfoil shape to certain points which I will link to a relation where i can easily change the size. If this is not possible is it possible to link the sizing of the airfoil (using the transformations tool) to a relation? when I try to size the airfoil shape it doesn't go into my specifications tree.

Please let me know how to solve my problem..

Thanks in advance for all the responses

Attachments

• Vertical tail.jpg
    Vertical tail.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back