Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Mating a whole assembly imported from Pro/E

I have an assembly that was built in Pro/E that I have to do some thermal and loading analysis on. Unfortunately my school doesn't have a Pro/E license, so I'm forced to work with Solidworks. To be honest, I'm not extremely proficient with any CAD software, as it has been a couple years since I last worked with any, and it was Inventor then. Anyway, I am having trouble doing any analysis on this assembly, and I believe it is because none of the parts are mated. I don't know if this is because they were lost when it was imported into Solidworks, or if it was just never mated. What I would like to know is, is there a way to just select the whole assembly and mate all the surfaces together at once? I am having a difficult time trying to mate pieces individually because I don't know any of the constraints, but I need to maintain the geometry of the assembly. Any ideas? All help will be greatly appreciated. If it makes any difference, the file extension is .asm.stp

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back