Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Measurement

Wallybanger

Is it just me or does the catia measurement tool suck? Just wondering if there is a plugin out there anywhere to replace the stock catia measurement tool?

I may be missing something but there seems to be some major limitations to the measuring tool. For instance, lets say you have a line at a 45* angle to a plane. The line doesn't touch the plane... you want to know how much longer the line needs to be to touch the plane... catia will measure from the line to the plane, normal to the plane, but you can't tell it to measure ALONG the line.

Anyway, any input would be helpful.

Wally, you're right again - you found another feature that CATIA doesn't do!

To get the measurement you want:

1. use the Intersection tool to add a point where the line and plane intersect, and

2. Measure the distance between the Intersection and the Line (or the end of the line)

yeah, everyone in my office has been doing that and we're getting sick of it. I'm on the phone with my boss now and we're fighting with "save to directory".

how these jackasses can get away charging $30,000 for this hunk of crap piece of software is beyond me.
Wally, you're right again - you found another feature that CATIA doesn't do!

To get the measurement you want:

1. use the Intersection tool to add a point where the line and plane intersect, and

2. Measure the distance between the Intersection and the Line (or the end of the line)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back