Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Missing tool / icon ?!?!?!

3d-maniac

I'm currently working with tutorial "CATIA V5R16 Freeform Surfaces – Rebuild P51 Mustang". On page A-25 they ask you to; Click “Intersect 3D elements” -icon.
Problem is that I cant find it anywhere, I'v allready checked all tools I have in "customize > all commands" -toolbox, nothing there.
Im currently using CatiaV5R19 version, is it possible that icon or tool is renamed during the version updates and is available with some other name/icon ?!?!?!

Google told me that the icon is named "translation icon", and I cant find it either (same icon outfit).. So how can I find it and where ?

3d-maniac

I'm not familiar with that tutorial. I've never heard of that command, but I also don't use the FreeStyle workbench.

If you want to intersect surfaces with CATIA V5, the command is called Intersection, and it's found in the Generative Shape Design workbench

The GSD Intersection icon looks like this: intersect.jpg

You can also access it from the Insert pull down menu. Or you can run it by typing in c: intersection in the Power Input field in the lower-right corner of your CATIA window.

Rebuild P51 Mustang

I'm currently working with tutorial "CATIA V5R16 Freeform Surfaces – Rebuild P51 Mustang". On page A-25 they ask you to; Click “Intersect 3D elements” -icon.
Problem is that I cant find it anywhere, I'v allready checked all tools I have in "customize > all commands" -toolbox, nothing there.
Im currently using CatiaV5R19 version, is it possible that icon or tool is renamed during the version updates and is available with some other name/icon ?!?!?!

Google told me that the icon is named "translation icon", and I cant find it either (same icon outfit).. So how can I find it and where ?

3d-maniac

I guess you have completed this tutorial by now so maybe you can help me as I am trying to find the 3 drawings needed for this tutorial. The links to the university for Dickson Sham no longer work as he no longer works there. If you have them is there any chance you could email me with them? Cheers

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back