Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

mold design

S

spiritualer

i m working with pressure die casting dies, there is acomponent have mulptiple core juntions. In pro mold when I try to gather the internal coer or try it by slider it shows error " there may be slight misalignment or accuracy error". Now no matter how much i decrese the accuracy this dodesnt work?
If some one can hlp me in pro mold send me an email or his id i will contact him.

thanks

Tolerance issues

From a solid modeling database standpoint, it's better to resolve the geometric condition that's causing any error rather than loosening the geometry tolerance. Doing so may cause other problems.

Locating and modifying the feature that's causing the error will always be the best solution for you and for the integrity of the model.

3DCADTips Support Desk :cool:

I would try using parting surfaces...

We found this post on our partner site MCADCentral.com that relates to your question.

caldwell
Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote caldwell
Rather than using gather...I would try using parting surfaces to create a closed quilt and pull that area out as need.

In my experienc I have found that parting surfaces are more forgiving as they don't rely directly on the model geometry at times.

thanks

support said:
From a solid modeling database standpoint, it's better to resolve the geometric condition that's causing any error rather than loosening the geometry tolerance. Doing so may cause other problems.

Locating and modifying the feature that's causing the error will always be the best solution for you and for the integrity of the model.

thanks for the suggestion .
Is there anyone who can send me the mold in pro e if i send him the model.
this model is is for means of learning and should not be used for commercila purpose.

What I suggest you do...

spiritualer said:
thanks for the suggestion .
Is there anyone who can send me the mold in pro e if i send him the model.
this model is is for means of learning and should not be used for commercila purpose.

Hello spiritualer,

I asume that you only mean the core/cavity blocks and not the entire mold base, correct?

If so, then I suggest that you do the following:

Post a reply this post asking:

"Is there anyone who can send me sample core/cavity blocks in Pro/E e if I send them the part model? This part model is is for means of learning and should not be used for commercila purposes."

Title for the reply: "Sample core/cavity block of my part needed."

Include an image of the Pro/E part model in the post.

Include a link to a zip file containing the part model in the post. If the zip file is small enough, you can upload/attach the file to the post. However, a link is better if you have one.

Then, create a new thread in this Pro/E forum with the same contents of that post and title it "Sample core/cavity block of my part needed."

Then go to our Galleries Works in Progress (Professionals) Forum at http://www.3dcadtips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39 and post the same thread there. You may have to change the text a bit to make the board think it's a new thread.

I even give you permission to also go to our Galleries Works in Progress (Students) Forum at http://www.3dcadtips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40 and post the same thread there. Again, you may have to change the text a bit to make the board think it's a new thread. You may find some energetic student who will take it on.

I hope this will help.
Thanks for using our forums!

attachment problem

thanks for the advice . now the problem is this tat i cant upload the file due to its size even as zipped file size exceeds the limit.
second i need one more help in my pro e i when i start the mold base application , pro e shows the error cannot retrieve mold data . even though i have checked the instalation and the data the setup has the mold data folder.

thanks

support said:
Hello spiritualer,

I asume that you only mean the core/cavity blocks and not the entire mold base, correct?

If so, then I suggest that you do the following:

Post a reply this post asking:

"Is there anyone who can send me sample core/cavity blocks in Pro/E e if I send them the part model? This part model is is for means of learning and should not be used for commercila purposes."

Title for the reply: "Sample core/cavity block of my part needed."

Include an image of the Pro/E part model in the post.

Include a link to a zip file containing the part model in the post. If the zip file is small enough, you can upload/attach the file to the post. However, a link is better if you have one.

Then, create a new thread in this Pro/E forum with the same contents of that post and title it "Sample core/cavity block of my part needed."

Then go to our Galleries Works in Progress (Professionals) Forum at http://www.3dcadtips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39 and post the same thread there. You may have to change the text a bit to make the board think it's a new thread.

I even give you permission to also go to our Galleries Works in Progress (Students) Forum at http://www.3dcadtips.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40 and post the same thread there. Again, you may have to change the text a bit to make the board think it's a new thread. You may find some energetic student who will take it on.

I hope this will help.
Thanks for using our forums!

ZIP attachment file set to 2MB

Sorry spiritualer, I missplaced this request. We just set the zip attachment file size limit to 2MB. Is that large enough to upload your model now? Please advise.

Thanks.
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

hello

hi i m glad that you found the post , i also almost forget it. but thanks
for remebering.
i am attaching the part file with this post.

Attachments

• upper_cover_cast.prt.zip
    581.2 KB · Views: 62
hello spiritualer,

I think u forgot to specify the parting plane/ direction..
:)

parting plane and slide area

the horizontal plane cutting the part (i mean the middle plane) into two identical halves in the parting line and the hollow portion is the slide.

thanks
surinder

Mold design

Hi spiritualer,

Maybe you can take a look on the model that i created and I hope you can get some guides from there.

Download the completed mold here.

I'm planing to write a mold design tutorial but I'm packs with some projects right now. I think the earliset that I can start will be mid-July. I'll inform you when it is done.

Hopes it can help.

:)

kuanchong

thanks

Thansk a lot for the mold
soory for replying too late .
i strictly need to clear my basics on accuarcy (relative and absolute) in pro mold. my best wishes for the tutorial.
the biggest problem of our trade is that the people who are teaching are not the professional or working in industry ,and those who are working are not the industrial users.

If you can send me your email id then it would be more easy for me .

thanks
[email protected]

huh.. it is mid August now and I have not start. very busy..

Regards to the accuracy - most of the parts need to use absolute accuracy. My personal experience tell me absolute accuracy cause less problem when mold is regerated.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back