Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Motion Study Collaspe

Billy

Hello

I am trying to complete a motion study for an exploded view collapse. I am trying to produce a video to show how a product is assembled. I have split each part in the assembly into different motion studies and all bar one is working correctly. I have the exploded view in the model space animating correctly but when I open the motion study and use the animation wizard it changes the orientation of a part and adds a rotation at the end.

The animation wizard asks when to start the collapse and how long it should take. Start at 0s and take 3s. When I look at the time scale of parts moving the added step finished at 4s.

Any idea why it's doing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Billy

Could you share your files, I'd be happy to take a look - or maybe a video capture showing the behaviour? Can you move the key to 3s?

Alternatively, if you are after a new way of producing nice assembly documentation, check out cadasio.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back