Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Need help about FLEXlm/Solidworks ?

chrbar

Hi,
Can I use an IP Address (instead a hostname) to indicate my FLEXlm server in CATIA/Solidworks on my workstation?

I have to install and use FLEXlm on my server "XYZ", about four CAD softwares (AutoCAD/Inventor, CATIA, SolidWorks and ALLPLAN), two run with a Dongle (parallel port) and two run with MAC Address.

My server "XYZ" runs Windows 2003, but my Domain Controler (Windows 2003) runs on a virtual machine on this server "XYZ".
Thus my server "XYZ" can't be a member of this Domain and I can't use DNS to allow my workstation to speak with FLEXlm on my server "XYZ".

To solve this problem, I would like to use IP Address (fixed) of my server "XYZ", to allow my workstations to speak with FLEXlm on my server "XYZ".

Can I use an IP Address (instead a hostname) to indicate my FLEXlm server in CATIA/Solidworks on my workstation?

Thanks a lot for your help
Chris

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back