Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Need help on Multi-Section Solid tool

vorse

I am trying to figure out how this 'Multi-section Solid' tool works. On my tutorial book from the Catia class, it said to create different planes where I sketch my cross section. The problem is it doesn't tell me how to create the planes in the first place.

Here's what it said: "Select 'zx plane'. Create 'Plane.1' parallel to 'zx plane' at 15.00in from it. Create 'Plane.2' parallel to 'Plane.1' at 20.00in from (Plane.1) and in the same direction as before."

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Could someone show me how to create the plane and their specifications?
It would be of great help.

Did you skip a few chapters in your tutorial? Go back to the begining and learn how to create basic geometry (points, lines, planes, sketches).

If your tutorial doesn't cover this, you need a new tutorial.

I wish it did. I'm working about two chapters ahead of my class. I'm working off a tutorial book made by my T.A. Which is why it's so confusing.

I'm using a T.A made book, so it doesn't contain all the info. I don't understand why you couldn't just tell me how to do it instead of criticizing how basic the steps are. If I could do it, I wouldn't be here asking for help.

Didn't mean to be critical, but you're asking a very basic question (that should be covered in the early training stages), and you're attempting to add a multi-section solid (that is a more advanced training topic).

In order to add a plane, the first step is to select the plane icon. Do you know which workbench it is in? Do you know how to add the toolbar to your Part Design workbench? (Your TA should be teaching you all this)

The next step is to follow the instructions in your tutorial: "Select 'zx plane'. Create 'Plane.1' parallel to 'zx plane' at 15.00in from it. Create 'Plane.2' parallel to 'Plane.1' at 20.00in from (Plane.1) and in the same direction as before."

It's pretty simple, once you learn how to do it.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back