Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Need help removing tessellation lines.

gordonp

...when plotting solids with view in hidden mode.
Have tried everything I can find including setting
Isolines to 0.

TIA
Gordon

Tessalation Trouble

Good Morning ,
You can remove the tessalations by change the value of DISPSILH.
Ciao 4 now
Don Boyer
Calgary

Dispsilh

Thanx for the reply Don but doesn't work for me. 0 = tesselation lines
1= MORE tesselation lines. Any other thoughts?

TIA,
Gordon

Not easy

gordonp,
It seem to be the nature of AutoCAD to use the tessellation lines wile working in 3D with the exception of Shaded views. You can however use the command solprof to project 3D solids onto a single Elevation Profile which will not show the tessellation lines and can be edited to show the detail you require. The downfall with this is that the Profile is not dynamically linked to the solid what so ever. They are two totally separate entities so if you modify the model you will have to re-project the profile. solprof can be used to project a solid in an any view as long as your viewing it in a parallel prospective. The great thing about it is however once you have projected a profile you can move (move rotate, cut & paste) it back onto your World UCS to be viewed as a standard 3rd projection drawing or you can just leave them where they are and create 3D view ports for them.
In MDT you can use MDview which profiles a solid much better without the tessellation lines and its dynamically linked to the solid.
If you need anymore help with using either of these two methods don't hesitate to ask. I've done it for years.
Check out the pic of a Isometric profile I did of a Structure in the attached pic.
Keep in mind the profile will be generated on the current UCS you are running and it doesn't profile solids within blocks.

Kind Regards,
Stewy C. :cool:

Attachments

• solprof.jpg
    solprof.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 4
Vanishing tessellation lines for a printout!

Hello Gordonp,

I think I have it!
You've drawn a lot of solid objects with curves, hence the tessellation lines.
As Sundance49 suggested reset the variable DISPSILH to 1 first.

In model space (whether you are in the model tab or in a layout tab) you can view your solid objects as solids by accessing View - Hide. This does give you a solid view without the tessellation lines.
But as soon as you start to pan, it reverts to a wire frame view.

If you go to View - Shade - Hidden, your objects do go to a solid view but they've got those **!(@# tessellation lines again !
However if you pan, your objects stay solid looking.

But you are only LOOKING on screen.
What you want is a printout without the tesses......right?!!!

Heres what you do.
It’s simple & quick to set up.

Set up the wiew you want of your solid objects in whatever view mode you want in a layout tab ( perspective too ).
Go to paper space.
Next highlight the viewport boundary, grab a grip, right click and access the Properties dialog box of the viewport boundary.
In the Misc section select the Shade Plot part and this lets access to a selection of 4 choices. Go for the Hidden one.
Close the Properties dialog box.

Print it !
In your preview you should see what you're going to get.

Get the champagne out !

If you change the DISPSILH value back to 0 again & print off another copy the objects will appear solid but with tessellation lines.

Now with DISPSILH back to 1...........
Where people get confused is over the two different types of HIDE modes.
The first one I mentioned is for viewing solids on screen- Hide.
The second one I mentioned is specifically for printing- Hidden.
You can obtain this second method- Hidden the original way which was to type in the command MVIEW.
MVIEW can only be used in a layout tab.
This then gives you a selection of sub-commands one of which is called SHADEPLOT. Type in the letter 'S' & return and you now have the same choice again as that obtained using the viewport method. Type in 'H' & return and you are then asked to pick your objects, these being of course your viewport boundaries.
You can select one or more boundaries as you wish within the layout tab. Then exit & print.
AutoCAD usually has more than one way of doing things, thank goodness!

Stewyc's alternative method is a good workaround............v. interesting!

If all this works, let us know please.

regards

Stephen

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back