Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

New exercise - Strategy submited to your evaluation.

rbarata

Hello, my friends

I'd like your oppinion about the strategy I used in my next exercise. I didn't used the dimensions in the drw, this is just a try.:)

First I created half of the central pad based on a simple sketch (a rectangle) and then an offset plane (pic 1).

Using this iffset plane, I created the second sketch (I used a projected edge from pad 1 to keep it together) (pic 1).

Then, used the pad face as a support for sketch 3 (pics 1). Again, used a projected edge to keep it all together.

Then created a counterbored hole and rounded the pad edges with two edge fillets (pic 5).

Finally, I mirrored the "half-part" (pic 6 & 7).

This seemed to me a simple way to construct this part but if you have other sugestions, please send them.

Thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Part Drw.jpg
    Part Drw.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 27
My only comment is that I wouldn't have sketched the hole, I would have used the tool. Just a habbit and better if you want to manufacture the part.
Nothing to add other than that, you're good :)

Your strategy is good RBARATA, as are many other strategies that result in the correct shape.

For a symmetrical part like this, using Mirror is a good practice - saves time and less steps. And putting the Mirror operation at the end and applying it to the Current Solid is also good.

When not sure of a strategy, ask yourself how would you make this part out of wood (or metal). In most cases, the steps you would use to physically make a part are the same steps to model it in CATIA.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back