Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Newbie seeking help with scanned drill bit

keweiUTP

Hello CATIA peeps,

Nice to meet you guys. I am a student from Malaysia who is currently doing my final year project in the field of reverse engineering. For this, I am required to 3D scan a drill bit and conduct a surface reconstruction on the cloud model to produce a new PDC bit model. The entire work is to be done in CATIA. The problem now is that I can't find any ways to align the model (see image). I'd need to do this as I want to sketch the upper part of the bit. Any experts here willing to guide me?

Thanks in advance!

Problem.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Add a new Axis System based on the geometry you have. One axis (Z) obviously will be the centerline of the bit. And the perpendicular axis plane (XY) could be the front face of the bit. Then create your sketches using this Axis System.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back