Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

No deformation in static analysis when using contact virtual part?

DavidHansson

Hello, I have a part with two holes, and I want to simulate that the part is effected by an axle that goes through the hole. First I used rigid virtual part and smooth virtual part in the holes, I applied a distributed force to the virtual part,, after running computation there were deformations. But when I made the same thing with contact virtual part my geometry didn't deform at all, there was stresses in the material though. I read that virtual contact part should be the best choice for simulating an axle through holes!
So why doesn't the geometry deform when using contact virtual part?

lots of thanks/ David

Hello, I have a part with two holes, and I want to simulate that the part is effected by an axle that goes through the hole. First I used rigid virtual part and smooth virtual part in the holes, I applied a distributed force to the virtual part,, after running computation there were deformations. But when I made the same thing with contact virtual part my geometry didn't deform at all, there was stresses in the material though. I read that virtual contact part should be the best choice for simulating an axle through holes!
So why doesn't the geometry deform when using contact virtual part?

lots of thanks/ David

Found out that I just had to increase the amplification magnitude severe,, it was set to like 0,00..something, and to make any deformation visible it had to be set to like 1000 times the real deformation!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back