Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

part drawings/add fasteners

halzimers

I have a part model that needs to have fasteners shown.

I have a detailed drawing made for the part.

I am wondering if there is a way to add the fasteners without having
to detail the entire part again because it would turn into an assembly.

Insert the existing part and all the fasteners into an Assembly.

Make a new drawing of the Assembly

Yes, I ended up adding a view of the assembly on the detail drawing. The detail drawing states "fasteners removed from views for clarity."

I don't see a workaround that allows me to keep the detailed drawing I have and add the fasteners to the views. I would have to recreate the entire drawing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do Halzimers. It seems to me that you would want 2 drawings: one for the part and another for the assembly.

I think the "workaround" you're looking for is called Overload Properties

Special case: the fasteners are inserted into the flat pattern "before" forming.

I needed to show the fasteners in the forming drawing because they are present in the beginning. I was trying to save myself from detailing the print a second time, just to have the fasteners shown.

Yes, I do have crazy ideas, but hey, I am a product designer.
That characteristic is what makes me great :D

Thanks for your awesome help, as usual. :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back