Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Partial Sectioning in Drawing Mode

vmuro

Hi all,

I am a newbie to SolidWorks and would like to know if there is any way to either 'section' or 'hide' only some components in a drawing view of an assembly. I am working on a model of a tube inside another tube held via clamps on each end. On the drawing view, I want to show the left half of the model with the clamp & outer tube showing, and on the right side of the model I want to hide the clamp & outer tube to reveal what is underneath it.

If hiding isn't possible, can I section ONLY the right half and ONLY the clamp & outer tube to reveal what is inside?

I have attached a JPEG of what I would like to see on the drawing. I did this in paint by taking screenshots and pasting them side by side...:)

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
-VM

Attachments

• SolidWork Help.JPG
    SolidWork Help.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back