Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Piping port connection failure

klauzer

In piping module in Catia I connect pipes to equipments with ports as I should do. But some connection are failure that was ok before. I am trying to reconnect them without success. The port is there and it works because I have tried to connect with a new pipe and it is working.
So my question is, how do I reconnect an existing pipe that has outdated connection. I don't want to create new pipes because of that.

Now I have problems with branches. I moved up 2 tanks. Then when I trying to connect tha upper pipe with the horizontal (between tanks) pipe, the branch function does not work. When showing Isolated External ReferencesI can see the center line from the previous pipe. Capture.JPG
Why does this center line not update? Because of this I can´t branch to the moved pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
In piping module in Catia .... how do I reconnect an existing pipe that has outdated connection.

You should be able to reconnect. Is there any type of error message?

If all else fails, delete the connection and re-connect.

Did the centerline get isolated? Check the link for the centerline and make sure the link is good.

Yes it was isolated but it was not update as I moved the branched line. Please see attached.
How do I update this link? I´m a beginner.
Capture.JPG

And yes there was some errors (link error) but I don't know how to fix this broken links. Is there some tutorial for that?

If the centerline is isolated, then it no longer has a link and it will not move with the rest of the pipe line.

There are many reasons you could get a link error. Without knowing the error message, I cannot guess at what the problem is.

I'm unaware of any self-teaching tutorials on CATIA Piping Design. I would suggest you contact the company you bought CATIA from to see if they offer CATIA classes, and/or try one of the local colleges or universities to see if they offer CATIA classes.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back