Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Pro/mechanica

T

tiansoonchoon

When I Am Using Proe Wildfire 2.0 For Stress Analysis, I Go To Menu "applications>mechanica", The Message Appears " Cannot Find Mechanica Installation, Some Features Will Be Disabled" Then Further Message Is Fem Mode Icon Was Checked.

How Should I Remedy This Problem? I Want To Use Pro/mechanica For Strength/stress Analysis.

Dumb question for you.

This may sound like a dumb question, but is Machanica installed on that machine? Have to rule out the obvious first.

CM

motion

in pro mechanica i m getting the eroor message for some "mmwatch " as my installation is o.k but still there is no motion in mechanica.

CADMiester said:
This may sound like a dumb question, but is Machanica installed on that machine? Have to rule out the obvious first.

CM

Pro/Mechanica

Assuming that you have installed both Pro/Wildfire 2 and Pro/Mechanica, Pro/Wildfire 2 needs to be told where the Pro/Mechanica is. To achieve this you need to navigate to the bin foldeer in your Pro/Wildfire installation. Normally, this is C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\bin. Scroll down to ptcsetup and run it. Accept the settings on each screen until you see the 'Optional Configuration Steps' screen. Check the box against 'Configure Other Product Interoperability' and click on next. On the next screen use the lower browse button to highlight your Mechancia folder and then click configure. The setup process will finalise and prompt you to exit. Next time you start Wildfire and run Mechanica the FEM box will be unchecked. This now means that you have the analysis available.

Assuming that you have installed both Pro/Wildfire 2 and Pro/Mechanica, Pro/Wildfire 2 needs to be told where the Pro/Mechanica is. To achieve this you need to navigate to the bin foldeer in your Pro/Wildfire installation. Normally, this is C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\bin. Scroll down to ptcsetup and run it. Accept the settings on each screen until you see the 'Optional Configuration Steps' screen. Check the box against 'Configure Other Product Interoperability' and click on next. On the next screen use the lower browse button to highlight your Mechancia folder and then click configure. The setup process will finalise and prompt you to exit. Next time you start Wildfire and run Mechanica the FEM box will be unchecked. This now means that you have the analysis available.

no one have answered mwatch thing to me

Does Mechanica Motion still require a C-compiler?

Might that be the problem with the mmwatch?

Rui

hello magnus11

your answer to pro-mechanica question was very helpful.I was able to solve this issue.now I have another issue with Mechanica/Motion. When I run the motion,I get message"mmwatch".and also- Failed while generating or compiling equation------.
I have microsoft visual c++8 installed.I read somewhere while web searching that I have to set the environment variable MM_C_HOME to the location of compiler.I don't know how to do that.Can you help me out. or if there is another way to solve the issue
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hello magnus11

In Mechanica/motion, while Run the analysis , The exact message I got is-

Compilation failed.Additional information may be available from outside of Mechanica Motion by examining the engine's log file.
exit mechanica motion and than type "mmwatch"
and when I open the message log - the last 4 lines was as under

-Generating equation of motion
-compiling equation
-compiling environment
-Linking simulator program
-disconnecting from the mechanica motion engine.

The question is where to type "mmwatch" to get more information
How can we fix this problem.

Thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back